Usually eye strain is caused by long time working on a computer in a day. It is just a form of asthenopia. But it is very discomforting and annoying. Now, some studies shows that eye strain is not just a simply tired eyes problem. It is actually complications and problems arise right now. In long term, eye strain can cause prominent to pain and headache and as well as affect your eyesight. So, take a regular break when you working with computers.
No, eyestrain has no long-term effects but it leads us to understand that they need our attention and consideration to delay further discomfort. It is treated as a minor eye problem that can be prevented and corrected. Visual Display Unit is also called VDU that is a term describes a visual display device for a computer. It is easy make you to have fatigue of eyes. Appropriate work station and workplace design like lighting, glare reduction, distance from computer and others can help prevent eye strain. However, it could not cause any permanent damage to your eyes. If you always have eyestrain, you should always take eye exercise and frequently breaks. And remember always exchange looking nearby and far away objects to rest your eye muscles.
Well, I have to say yes. There are long term effects of eye strains. For example, it can put stress on the eye muscles and the facial and scalp muscles, causing pain and headache. And what is worse, it can lead to making your vision become worse. And finally, you have to wear glasses. Of course, if it is a long time, eye strains can make your eyes become dry. So anyway, just do something to heal it and prevent it. For example, you should know that Eye strain is actually the strain of the muscles controlling the eyes. Strengthening these muscles with a series of eye exercises will be a good way. And also you can drop some eye drops on your eyes. Besides, controlling the time you use eyes and the good position and lighting are also essential.
Eyes strain is a very normal symptom with the people who use computer to work for a long time. We use computer everyday in our work, it's inevitable. But how to protect our eye for long time use of computer? Excessive eyes using will decrease of blink times then it will cause lack of tear hyposecretion that lead to dry eyes and visual fatigue.You know long time eye use will cause some permanent vision problems such as myopia, glaucoma, cataract etc. In order to protect your eyes from the disease, please doing the follows,
1. To relax your eyes at regular time. Make sure relax 10-15min after every 2 hours computer work or book reading. Looking far distance view, taking eye exercises or massage both ok.
2. Moisten your eyes with eye blinking.The blinking itself is the good way of self-protection of your eyes. If you work in a room with air conditioner, please prepare a cup of water near your desk to increase ambient humidity.
3. Take more exercises such as table tennis, badminton, football, golf etc. with your eyes follows the aim of ball. The eyes muscles constantly with relax and contract, it will enhance the blood circulation volume and metabolism around the eyes to relief the eyestrain.
4. Take care of the nutrient balance with Calcium, protein taking, avoide food prferenc and control the sweet food quantity. These nutrient elements will protect your eyes and less sweet food will help the vitamin B1 remain. Vitamin A will also help with you to brighten your eyes.
5. Eyes drop and periodic physical examination will also help with the healthy care of your eyes.
6. You can put a green plant of tiny potted landscape on your working desk or put a big one near your location in your office if convenience.The green color is the most great things for your eyes to relax near your working place. Moreover, it would make the air clean while plays the role of radiation protecter.