Jacob adamsAfter the corneal transplant, there are a lot of side effects on the eyes, including the sensitive character to the light. You could use some eye drops to release the symptom. You could eat more food with vitamin A to improve the ability to react to the lights. You'd better accept the medical care to treat it.12/25/2012
AustinWell, generally speaking, at this period, vision may be slightly altered, and then, there may even be double vision and sensitivity to light. In common, it is eye discomfort in bright light. And if you get it, it can be dangerous and annoying, especially when you go out side. To treat the, you can take some home remedies for the photophobia caused by corneal abrasion. For example, you can just eat certain foods such as Chinese wolfberries. Also, carotene from carrots and vitamin A can be useful too. So you can just have a try. By the way, after the corneal transplant, blurred vision can be possible.12/27/2012
MATILDAIt is a common side effect of corneal transplant. So far there is no any measures to treat it. Cornea is a transparent membrane full of nerve ends, this is why cornea is very sensitive. If the cornea is diseased or damaged which would cause vision impairment, thus corneal transplant in entirty or in part is required to restore vision. After this surgery, cornea would be very sensitive, so it is very common to be sensitive to light. You need to protect your eyes during this period to avoid any rejection or corneal scarring. Whenever you need to go outside, you should wear dark sunglasses to protect your sensitive eyes from glare, sunrays, dusts and wind. The better you take care of your eyes, the earlier you can heal up and get rid of this sensitivity. Strong light will cause corneal scarring which might require the second surgery. So my suggestion is that you need to think about good protection of your eyes instead of treatment.01/07/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?